NEET 2023 Exam Details
The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the NEET exam to applicants for medical, dental, nursing, and AYUSH programmes in India. NEET 2023 exam will be an offline test in 13 languages. The NEET 2023 exam covers Classes 11 and 12 topics like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The NEET 2023 test is scheduled to take place in May. NEET 2023 registration process is scheduled to begin in either December or January.
The NEET 2022 exam was held on July 17, and the counselling will likely take place by the end of this year. Candidates may apply for the 2023 exam if they are 17 years old or will attain the age before December 31. The NEET 2023 exam has no upper age limit. We have provided you with NEET exam details here regarding the exam date, application process, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
NEET 2023: Points to Remember
The following key details regarding NEET 2023 are available for candidates to review and can help in their preparation for the medical exam:
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam Conducting Organisation||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Date||To be declared|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and paper)|
|Total Number of Questions||There will be 200 questions, and the candidates must answer 180 of them.|
|Time Duration||3 hours 20 minutes (200 minutes)|
|Language/Medium of Exam||13 languages: Hindi, English, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|NEET 2023 Marking Pattern||● There will be 4 marks given for each correct answer.
● For each incorrect attempt, one mark will be subtracted.
● Unanswered questions receive no points.
|Minimum Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology/Botany)/Bio-technology|
|Age Limit||Minimum: 17 years
Maximum: No limit
NEET 2023: Application Process
Following are the processes to complete the NEET 2023 application form:
- Registration: Register for NEET 2023 by visiting neet.nta.nic.in and providing the requested information, including an active contact number and email address. The application number for NEET 2023 will be produced following the information entry.
- Fill out the application: After successful registration, return to the NTA NEET website and log in using the candidate credentials. Enter the requested information, such as personal and academic information, after you access the application form.
- Documents upload: As per the requirements in the NEET 2023 brochure, upload scanned images of the photo, signature, and other required papers.
- Payment of application fee: Use a debit/credit card, net banking, or UPI to pay the registration fee.
- Printout of the confirmation page: Applicants are required to save a copy of the NEET test 2023 confirmation page.
NEET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates from India or overseas must qualify for the NEET exam to be admitted to an Indian medical university.
The age requirement for NEET 2023 is 17 as of December 31 of the admission year. The NEET exam has no upper age limit.
The 15% All India Quota seats are reserved for foreign nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), NRIs, and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO). Candidates from J & K are ineligible for the 15% All India Quota seats.
Candidates may apply for NEET if they are taking or have taken the 12th-grade exam. They can only be admitted after passing the 12th grade exam.
- Passed a B.Sc. degree in any two of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology), or Biotechnology from an Indian university.
- Passed the first year of the university’s three-year PCB degree programme.
Number of Attempts – Candidates may take the NEET exam as often as they want until the age limit is reached.
NEET 2023: Exam Pattern
Making better study programmes requires knowledge of the NEET exam pattern. Students will benefit greatly from thoroughly understanding the exam pattern while preparing for the test. Below are the specifics of the NEET 2023 exam pattern:
- Exam mode: The NEET 2023 Entrance Test will be administered in offline mode (Pen and paper-based).
- Exam language: There will be 13 different languages available for the exam, including Hindi, English, Bengali, Assamese, Odia, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Punjabi, and Urdu.
- Exam duration: The test will take place within 3 hours and 20 Minutes (200 minutes).
- Questions types: The exam will include objective-type questions.
- Total number of questions: The exam paper will contain a total of 180 questions.
- Total marks: 720 marks.
- Marking system: +4 will be allotted for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: -1 for each incorrect answer.
NEET 2023: Syllabus
The CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE-recommended topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology will be included in the NEET UG 2023 syllabus. The course material will be based on standards for the 11th and 12th.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S NEET for more information.